Friday, April 22, 2011

Turkeys, and SPRINGTIME IS HERE! :) :) :)

I am so happy!  Springtime is here, the fresh air seems saturated with endorphins, and tomorrow I'm going home to celebrate Easter with my family!!!  *happy dance*  :)  :)  :)

Other perks of today:
--this morning on the bus there were some adorable toddlers laughing
--I saw a fruit tree blooming!  Pink BLOOMS!  :D


--I attended a talk given by the director of the LDS temple department, in which he shared some glimpses into President Thomas S. Monson's personality and life.  My favorite story: after the Kiev Ukraine Temple dedication, President Monson asked the security guards which way they needed to go to get to the jet plane, and when shown, turned in about-face and headed in the opposite direction to spend more time with the local members.  :)  :)  :)  I also learned he makes jokes about whether a certain temple is called the San Salvador El Salvador temple or the El Salvador San Salvador temple (former is correct).  :)
--chatting with a friend on the way to class
--seeing that I truly can conquer these last two weeks of school: there is LIGHT at the end of the tunnel!!!  :D
--while attending the dedication of a super-high-tech weather station on campus: hearing the director of the climate center speak in his Scottish accent  :)
--And while walking home: touching a tree's large fuzzy buds, feeling other waxy buds, touching the grape-cluster-like buds of a box elder tree, and seeing a blue ball propelled by wind tumbling down the road.  One of my favorite teachers was driving by and stopped his car and said, "Hi".  :)
--Once I got home, I threw open the windows of my apartment to let in fresh air.  :)  :)  :)

And because this painting* makes me laugh:


*A photo I took of Claude Monet's Les Dindons (Turkeys) while in the Musee d'Orsay.  :)  :)  :)  (It was BIG.  I turned the corner, saw it, and piped "TURKEYS!")  :)  :)  :)

HAVE A TOTALLY AWESOME WEEKEND!!!  :D  
--

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! :) Please comment on my blog. :) Remember this blog is my online home, and as such, please treat me and my guests with respect.

Any visitors who are noncompliant with this request will be thrown into the compost heap... ;)