Monday, September 24, 2012

Hola de Hermana, 24/9/12


Hola mi familia increible!  

I love you tons!  THANK YOU so much for all your emails this week!  I'm so glad Hannah got to see those gorgeous colors in Logan Canyon!  I still haven't seen them at their peak and am jealous!  Here during cold season some plants just totally drop their leaves (still green)--there are no changing colors.  And then they sprout new leaves again in spring.  

I celebrated my year mark with rellenitos from Hna D.  :)

Random bits--is there a clothing fad in the states that includes boldly colored t shirts with Angry Bird faces, or Elmo from Sesame Street?  Those and sweat shirts?  I've wondered if that actually is cool right now at home or if it was a failed marketing venture so the rejects got shipped here to the "American Clothes" stores...  They are really popular here...  

We're struggling to find people to teach.  But the family of Marilu and Jelder are progressing.  We're grateful.  Please pray we'll be able to find new investigators to teach this week, especially men and families.

This week I let Hna V iron my hair.  It sounds little, but it means a lot.  Its interesting to me how sometimes we have to search for creative ways to connect with people.  And if a beauty stylist is tired of seeing someone in ponytail everyday and wants to do her hair, let her.  The girl with a ponytail is tired of it too... I'm hoping I can get another Aline cut today.  I still haven't let her do french tip things with my fingernails...  To me it sounds too much like Wyoming cowboys mixing with Texans...  :)

We just found out we're leaving right now to go visit ancient ruins that are near here.  They sound cool but I've heard it's actually a really small area.  Vamos a ver.  :)

I LOVE YOU FAMILY!  I'm so grateful the temple was dedicated and hope you go to the temple more often than you can!  We just found out we'll be able to go for the first time soon and I'm SO EXCITED!  I testify the temple is the house of the Lord and there we can feel His peace and love.  It is through the ordinances in the temple that we can be eternal families.  

I LOVE YOU TONS!

Hermana Ivy [-]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! :) Please comment on my blog. :) Remember this blog is my online home, and as such, please treat me and my guests with respect.

Any visitors who are noncompliant with this request will be thrown into the compost heap... ;)