Monday, February 11, 2013

Hola de Hermana, 11-2-13


FELIZ DIA DE CARIÑO MI FAMILIA QUERIDA!!!!!  

I love you all so much!  I kind of forgot about Feb 14th until you´re emails...  I love how when I work hard here in the mission I forget about American stuff... rest assured I have NOT forgotten about YOU!  I love you and cant wait to give you hugs, and I´m so happy to tell you that we are loving and loving the people who are here too!  

We have a baptism service this Friday!!!  Antony, 18 yr son of Carmencita, decided to be baptized, and Carmencita is thinking if she wants to now or wait.  Kevin, the 19 yr brother, doesnt want to yet but is making changes.  We love them so much!  And every time we go we feel even more love for them.  And we´re trying to help them find other family members in the ward too.  

We had the lesson with Wilson, and are amazed at how fast he just gets things.  But we´re trying to help him feel the need to learn more instead of just wanting to learn a little of all the iglesias.  

We had been concerned that rudy and Bertha, the reference family from the stake counselor, didnt want any more.  But yesterday we had a lesson with them and we were all just so comfortable and they remembered the concept of apostasy and dispensations.  It was so funny as they were there describing the two concepts, trying to remember what it was called.  It was a priceless teaching moment I´ll treasure!

Blessings yesterday!  It was the first time Carmencita, Kevin and Anthony were ALL able to come to church together!  And Sat night when Hna W called Kevin and asked if he was still going to come to church, he laughed and told her he was with his friend Hugo from his new work and that Hugo was thinking about coming to church!  And HUGO CAME TO CHURCH ON HIS OWN; AND GOT THERE BEFORE C, K and A!  Turns out he is a convert but inactivated two years ago, but decided he is going to reacitvate in our ward!  What a blessing!    And another departing missionary, Yaki, (Jacki) brought her friend Vilma!  

We are receiving so many blessings!  I don’t think the Lord will let me finish my mission here so I´m trying to enjoy every minute.  Last night I was almost crying because I don’t want to leave my family here.  But I know the Lord sends us where He needs us.  If you would please pray for Ivan and Kevin, they are two 19 year olds that I just know God wants them in his church so they can do a great work.  But I feel like we need to meet and talk with their friends that arent helping them make good choices.  Please pray for us that we will be able to find and talk with them in the right time and place, and that we can have a miracle moment to help these youth feel Christ´s love for them!  

I LOVE YOU FAMILY!   We are fighting a war but our Savior is at the head of His army, and we are doing a great work for the Salvation of the children of men!  I LOVE YOU VERY MUCH!  Lets go onward to victory!

Hermana Ivy [-]

Fotos, us after using machetes to cut down the equivalent of invasive paradise trees as a service project (it was a blast!) and Hermanito P in su mechanic shop 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! :) Please comment on my blog. :) Remember this blog is my online home, and as such, please treat me and my guests with respect.

Any visitors who are noncompliant with this request will be thrown into the compost heap... ;)